In a world that is obsessed with data, creating a back up is almost a necessity. This becomes important in a situation, where you want to keep all the information safe.
On a similar note, if you are using an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, the emphasis should be more on creating a back up of sorts, pertaining to all the data stored in the devices. In the event, where your device gets stolen, lost or damaged, at least then you will have the satisfaction that your data is completely safe and not yet lost.
Right before creating the actual backup, there are certain factors that you have to keep in mind. Apart from choosing a backup method, you must know the basic difference between iCloud and iTunes backup.
Creating Backups with iCloud
1. The first step usually involves connecting your device to Wi-Fi.
2. In the next step, go to Settings> Enter your name> tap on iCloud.
3. Tap on cloud backup, wherein you have to make sure that backup is turned on.
4. Tap Backup Nowand make sure to stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until and unless the whole process gets over.
5. To confirm that the backup process is complete, proceed towards Settings> YourName> iCloud>iCloud Storage > Manage Storage and select the device.
Right next to to the section Backup Now, you will come across the date and time of the last backup.
Automatic backup with iCloud
To automatically backup with iCloud, here’s what you have to do :
1. iCloud Backup should be turned on in Settings > Enter your name> iCloud>iCloud Backup.
2. It is important that you connect the device to a power source.
3. Now, see to it that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
4. The device screen should remain locked.
5. Make sure to check if you are having enough storage space in iCloud for backup. In case, you are left with not enough space, subscribe by paying a reasonable fee to get some more for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
So, the next time, if something comes up like how to backup iPhone with iCloud, you will now know what needs to be done.
How to Backup Your Device with iTunes?
1. Open iTunes, so that you can connect the device to your computer.
2. If a message comes up asking for device passcode or to trust this computer and follow the on-screen directions.
3. You need to select your iPhone, iPad or iPod, once it appears on iTunes.
4. Now just click on the option Backup now.
5. Once the process ends, you can see for yourself if the backup is successfully finished or not. Look under Latest Backup, so as to know more.
You are interested to secure your data and on that, the process discussed above gives a precise idea of how to proceed. In case, there is any confusion, you are free to consult the experts.